Halfway There

Settling back into routine after a long weekend is not easy, and much less after traveling. At times I think that having class on fewer days actually makes attending feel harder. With that being said, on Monday we got ready for the week, and on our relaxing walk we stumbled upon la Floralis Genérica. We had been meaning to visit this steel flower that opens, closes, and lights up at night. This speaks to the amount of beautiful views and green space in the city. 

We also run at a nearby park as it is challenging to run on the streets with the traffic. One night after we finished and were headed home, a group of people dancing and cheering caught our attention. We made our way over and discovered a lively zumba class that we were quickly pulled into. The instructor was so kind, like just about everyone I have met here. We had a blast and will definitely be joining again. 

In addition, we continue to experience marches that consist of chanting, singing, instruments, flags, signs, etc. In fact, they often become background noise and teaching opportunities for our lectures. My friends are sharing all of this and much more with their families as they visit the city. It has been really nice to have this sense of familiarity and makes me excited for my family to visit in June at the end of the semester. We are halfway there!