To Mom and Mallory

At the beginning of class my professor reminded us that we are entering the last month and a half of the semester, and I can’t believe it. With this comes the exams, essays, and presentations, but needless to say we are enjoying the calm before the storm. A friend traveling to Brazil and myself to Iguazu, out of an abundance of caution, received the yellow fever vaccine. We experienced the small clinic, kind medics, and free public healthcare. We also delivered snacks and toys to the families at the Ronald McDonald house, a nonprofit organization that supports families while their children receive medical care.

On the other hand, we celebrated my housemate’s birthday, shout-out to Mallory! We felt right at home in the movie theater once again, funky carpets and all, as we watched the new Guardians of the Galaxy. Then we enjoyed a pottery night, a party organized by our host mom, and some late-night festivities. Lastly, on Sunday, I celebrated Mother’s Day virtually with my mom at home as well as early with my host mom as Argentina’s is in October.