A Wet Weekend

Happy June! We are coming off a long weekend for the national holiday, May 25, to commemorate the 1810 revolution. I took my last trip, a less than two hour flight north to one of the wonders of the world, the Iguazu falls. The triple border marks the meeting of Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay. We strolled through the Misiones jungle, spotting wild coatíes and monkeys, until we were met with the roar of the falls. The boat tour whipped us around the waters and even under one of the smaller waterfalls. We dried off just in time to brave a downpour the next day, while ziplining and rappelling.

Since returning to the city, I have felt the pressure of everything that this month will bring. I am making good progress on my final assignments and buckling down to continue doing so. As part of the research for one of my presentations we explored the ESMA Memory Site Museum. I have still been enjoying myself during this grind time, namely with church, a percussion show, and a friend’s birthday dinner.